Monday 26 August 2013

What's next for Hannah?




Ask me that same question (What's next for Hannah) three months ago and my response would have been, I have no idea.. 
As some of you may know I was wanting to go back to Hawaii in September to do what is called a 'Leadership Track' which initially is leadership training for three months, to then go on to staff next years January DTS (discipleship training school) which is what I did January this year. I loved every moment of my experience with my DTS and loved the idea of going back to disciple the new students coming in and go on a journey with them with discovering who they are in Christ and falling more in love with Jesus, then to lead a outreach team overseas would have topped it all off! All things in which I am passionate about- Jesus, discipleship, people, & travel - so for me this seemed perfect for the next season in life.. 
BUT
there always seems to be a but with plans that I make
God did indeed intervene in these plans that I had made and changed the direction in which I was planning on going. While I was on my outreach in Costa Rica I had a series of dreams of the Lord calling me home. First of all when thinking about what to do next, home wasn't even an option for me. And if we're being completely honest it wasn't even part of the list of options I had after the incredible experience overseas. But it started to become more and more clear to me that home was where I was meant to be in this next season. Why? I still had no idea. But I had vowed to radically obey God no matter what the cost.

What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ.
-Philippians three v eight

Besides, by following the Lord I know my life will be better than I could have ever imagined.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
-John ten v ten

So home it was for me. But the location of 'home' changed while I was away. My parents moved while I was overseas so moving back home was a completely new experience in itself. I now live a minimum of one hours drive from any of my friends, in a small town where not a whole lot happens. The incredible thing about it though is I live right on the beach. And for those of you who know me, will know how much I love to be by the water. But still, what am I doing? Why has God called me back to this new home? How long for? These are the questions that would frequently run through my head, it still seemed very logical for me to go back to Hawaii. But God doesn't always run on so called logic. And indeed He kept me waiting patiently praying and spending time in His presence until He revealed why I'm home. Although I didn't hear an audible voice, I do have peace about being home.

without explaining the how, what, when and whys..
I am now studying Freelance Journalism through correspondence, and am also a leader at the new children's ministry my church has started. I have been looking and applying for jobs, but that is looking harder than I thought. I was wanting to save and go back overseas in December but I have recently had to lay that down before the Lord and believe it will all happen in His timing. He knows the desires of my heart so trusting in the Lord with them is all I can do at this stage.

But this children's ministry I do have to tell..
It is run on a Thursday afternoon, after the children have finished school and runs for about two hours. Ages from 5-12. Majority of the children that are coming come from unsaved homes, some of them hadn't even heard the name of Jesus or stood inside a church. We do different activities with them and incorporate a story from the Bible or a teaching on Jesus in with it all. We have just gone past our third week running this programme and there are around 25 children coming! The unsaved children also have started coming along to church on a Sunday and love it. Through this, the children's parents are asking questions and some have started coming to church also. Revival is coming through the children! We must never undermine the influence a child can have on the kingdom. We are already seeing changes in these children's lives, the fact they now hug me when they see me is actually really huge in itself. I'm really excited to be part of this, and see revival come to my nation! 

Watch out New Zealand, We're next!

This being said I know this is part of the reason the Lord has called me home, at this stage I'm still not sure how long that looks like. As travelling is still a desire I have. And don't get me wrong, everyday I miss my incredible friends I had made overseas and would give anything to be with them again as it seemed to be the first time in my life I had real friends who understood everything about me. Everyday I have to remind myself that I am in the will of God for my life and I must obey Him in everything I do. So for now I am focused on what the Lord is doing here and being part of the revival that is coming. Our church has had prophetic words about revival coming, and that our church is the embassy of heaven, plus many more exciting things. Watch this space!

For now I will leave you with a few photos from the time I have had at home so far. 




I got to spend time with my incredibly handsome brother on my stopover in Australia on my way home.


I had the privilege of hearing my brother in-law, Ps Logan Craig preach at their church

And the privilege to spend time with  my big sister that I hadn't seen in nine months.


Some say we look like twins.. We don't see it.

Apparently Wellington (City where my sister lives) is known to be windy.. Photo with my friend Julia.

re-united with my girls, from left, Taegan, me, Bethany & Julia


Quality friendship right here.


Visiting Wellington. Again.

For three nights I got to babysit my step sisters children, this including taking these two to the theme park.

Continually in awe and extremely thankful that this is my backyard

Hanging out in the backyard with my step-dad.


Consider it a blessing everyday that this is even a choice of exercise for me


So when friends visit, we paddle. Rain or Shine.


This is New Zealand.


Spending Jesus time in my backyard.



Until next time
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment